During this time of lock down we spend our time at home with the FAMILY! While staying at home and practising social distancing outdoor, clearly we spend most of the time inside. So for those with kids in home I prepared 7 examples of activities to enjoy/to do with your kids.
I work in a nursery since last year, here in London, I have noticed kids love to play in their own way with toys, and they can make have fun with an object we can’t even think about e.g. a broom and/or dust pan.
i encourage you to get involved in kids play, if you have a baby is so important to interact with the baby. You can interact by playing, speaking, singing, making funny faces. There is a term ”serve-return” which means the back and forth interactions between a parent and a child.
Here are some activities to enjoy with your precious children
- Baking time- Baking with your children is amazing. Now depends on the age of you kid/kids. It can turn in a messy play, a wonderful discussion between you and your child. Also baking enhances fine motor skills, teaches life skills, increases Math ability, and so on.
2. Join online courses about what your kid is interesting in, this depend on your kid age. Science courses are amazing and really interested, you can assist the child while trying the experiments.
3. Rice Play – is so much fun! In a tray add some plain rice or coloured with food colouring, add spoons, pots, cups and let the baby enjoy this sensory play.
4. Board games – These are for the older kids.The games develop cognitive skills in children
5. Garden time – if you have a garden, you are lucky, if not take the kids and go to the park (if your country allows you). Outdoor activities are refreshing, gives energy. Now is the moment to teach your child how to ride the bike.
6.Cinema time – Choose together a movie to watch, some popcorn and fresh juice ? You can learn the kid how to make fresh juice.
7. Household chores – great idea! and no, you do not have to pay your kids for doing it! This activity is for older children, maybe over 7 y.o. They can clean their own room, fold laundry, clean bathroom, wash windows, etc.